Monday, September 26, 2016

Fighting My Battles

          We all have bad days every now and again.  But have you ever had a Job moment?  That one moment where you slide all the way downhill, so far down that it seems like you lost everything, just in that one moment.  Kind of like Job in the Scriptures lost everything in a day.  But he waited on the Father and in the end, he got back twice as much as he lost to begin with.
          My Job moment happened one day in May.  Everything went downhill in a matter of seconds.  I lost a lot that day.  It's been a very long, hard, uphill battle to get back just a little of what was lost in spite of those seeking to destroy what little I may have left.
          That was four months ago.  And it still weighs heavily upon my heart.   I went into work this morning trying to figure some of this stuff out.  Thinking about the people who are pushing this Job moment further.  Through circumstances outside of my control, in other words; the Almighty, I am being pushed to give in to those who are seeking my harm.  But I want to fight against these circumstances because, if I give in to what they want, wouldn't they then win?
          That's when a song came on the radio and I was reminded that I need to step back and do nothing.  Be still and let Yahweh take control.  Because, after all, he is fighting my battles.




          Why is it that when it seems the world is against us we forget so easily that our fight is not with them?  That the Father will fight for us?  I don't know why, but I do know that I forget.  And today I was reminded that "our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Eph 6:12.  And in Psalm 35 David says, "Contend, LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me." 




No comments:

Post a Comment